Security+ Certification Boot Camp Outline
Our courses are boosted with Training Camp’s exam prep methodology so your course content will always be up-to-date with the most current version of the exam. The following topics are general guidelines for the content. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes, the outline below may change at any time without notice.
Threats, Attacks and Vulnerabilities
– Given a scenario, analyze indicators of compromise and determine the type of malware.
– Compare and contrast types of attacks.
– Explain threat actor types and attributes.
– Explain penetration testing concepts.
– Explain vulnerability scanning concepts.
– Explain the impact associated with types of vulnerabilities.
Technologies and Tools
– Install and configure network components, both hardware and software-based, to support organizational security.
– Given a scenario, use appropriate software tools to assess the security posture of an organization.
– Given a scenario, troubleshoot common security issues.
– Given a scenario, analyze and interpret output from security technologies.
– Given a scenario, deploy mobile devices securely.
– Given a scenario, implement secure protocols.
Architecture and Design
– Explain use cases and purpose for frameworks, best practices and secure configuration guides.
– Given a scenario, implement secure network architecture concepts.
– Given a scenario, implement secure systems design.
– Explain the importance of secure staging deployment concepts.
– Explain the security implications of embedded systems.
– Summarize secure application development and deployment concepts.
– Summarize cloud and virtualization concepts.
– Explain how resiliency and automation strategies reduce risk.
– Explain the importance of physical security controls.
Identity and Access Management
– Compare and contrast identity and access management concepts.
– Given a scenario, install and configure identity and access services.
– Given a scenario, implement identity and access management controls.
– Given a scenario, differentiate common account management practices.
– Explain the importance of policies, plans and procedures related to organizational security.
– Summarize business impact analysis concepts.
– Explain risk management processes and concepts.
– Given a scenario, follow incident response procedures.
– Summarize basic concepts of forensics.
– Explain disaster recovery and continuity of operations concepts.
– Compare and contrast various types of controls.
– Given a scenario, carry out data security and privacy practices.
Cryptography and PKI
– Compare and contrast basic concepts of cryptography.
– Explain cryptography algorithms and their basic characteristics.
– Given a scenario, install and configure wireless security settings.
– Given a scenario, implement public key infrastructure.
Is Security+ certification right for me?
CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to install and configure systems to secure applications, networks, and devices; perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques; participate in risk mitigation activities; and operate with an awareness of applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
The successful candidate will perform these tasks to support the principles of confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Prior to attending this training program, you should have some basic network knowledge, and 6+ months hands-on experience in the lab or field. If you have less than this level of background, we offer optional added support with On-demand Security+ video modules & pre-configured practice labs
What makes Security+ different from other certifications?
– No other certification that assesses baseline cybersecurity skills has performance-based questions on the exam. Security+ emphasizes hands-on practical skills, ensuring the security professional is better prepared to problem solve a wider variety of issues.
– More choose Security+ for DoD 8570 compliance than any other certification.
– Security+ focuses on the latest trends and techniques in risk management, risk mitigation, threat management and intrusion detection.
– The new Security+ certification covers the Junior IT Auditor/Penetration Tester job role, in addition to the previous job roles for Systems Administrator, Network Administrator, and Security Administrator.